Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CSSSA

I decided to apply for the InnerSparks program at CalArts this year. Sounded like some fancy fun so I threw together these three pieces real quick.

1st prompt was to draw something unique about yourself. Did a self-portrait featuring myself and Mitch, my imaginary boyfriend (because real boys are gross) who also happens to be a giraffe.

My Imaginary Man

2nd piece was to do something displaying your technical skill. First time using sepia-toned ink and gosh am I pleased with the results.

Norbert the Viking

Ran into a bit of trouble deciding how to color this last piece here. Ended up making 4 different versions. I'm taking a liking to number one best, I think. The title is inspired by a Joanna Newsome song.

Peach, Plum, Pear v.1

Peach, Plum, Pear v.2

Peach, Plum, Pear v.3

Peach, Plum, Pear v.4

And lastly, my flip book! One of the girls in my Winter Guard does this move during our show and I thought it might be fun to animate. Exactly 25 frames penciled by my loving hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment