Sunday, January 1, 2012

TAKE 3: Experimental Animation

My fruitful attempt at applying to a second major at CalArts.



detail












The portfolio book is probably my favorite part of the application - it took almost as long to assemble as the portfolio itself.

The pages are made up of 15 x 24" pieces of black photoboard that I cut roughly in half. To bind the pieces together, I folded some old fabric and glued them over each of the ends of the boards. I left some seam allowance over the edges, layered the fabric, and stitched all the pieces to hold it all together.




To cover up my ugly cutting skills, I glued some ribbon to the edges to hide the frayed ends of the fabric.



I made a rough pillowcase for the cover. I tried embroidering some words on the cover to give the whole book a more "scrap-booky" feeling.





I am also not very good at embroidery.


There it is! A culmination of 1 1/2 weeks of non-stop doodling. Hope CalArts likes it as much as I do!

1 comment: